How to access the MRI Together Zoom conference: tutorials and resources
Accessing the conference
Accessing the conference is slightly different from attending a zoom meeting, in the sense that there is no “meeting code” to enter in your zoom app. Instead, just click on the link that you received in your email (your “ticket”) and you will reach the portal. From here, you will be able to join the active sessions and the meeting chat, called the lobby (if your system supports it).
In case of trouble
Usually, joining the event is smooth and easy. If you are receiving errors, please try the following first:
- Make sure that your Zoom client/app is updated to the latest version.
- Make sure that the client/app is running when you click on “join lobby”.
- Make sure that the email address that you have set in the client/app and the one on the Zoom Events website are the same (see tutorial below).
From trouble-shooting with others, here are some additional tips we’ve learned:
- If you use a password manager, open it and check to see how many Zoom accounts you may have. People are surprised to learn they have more than initially thought.
- If you have a Zoom license through work, you may have two Zoom accounts associated with your work email. For example, Laura has one through roche.zoom.us and zoom.us – each with different passwords. The Zoom Events kicks off the zoom.us account.
- If you use an Iphone and have logged in via your AppleID, you’ll need to go to the website and say “forgot password”. It will send an email indicating you have used AppleID to sign up. If you go on the web, and try to make a new account with the same email it will recognize that you have used it with AppleID already and ask if you’d like to link your accounts. You want to say yes.
If you are experiencing some difficulty, we prepared two short tutorials. As it is not a standard Zoom Webinar, the procedure to join the various sessions are different from normal zoom. The procedure must be initiated either by clicking on the ticket that you received in your email, or in the browser by visiting https://events.zoom.us/ and by logging in with your zoom account.
A Zoom app is also required. If you are receiving some errors, please check that the account you are using on the website is the same as the account you are using in the app. Please check the video for a step-by-step procedure.
Unfortunately the “lobby” option is only available for Windows and Mac users; the same is true for starting a session as a speaker or moderator. Linux and portable users can still join the conference, but not chat with the other participants or start a session.
If you are a speaker/panelist/moderator, you don’t have to register through the registration link, as your ticket was already included in the invitation that we sent you.
For any further questions, please write an email to email@example.com